10/05/2006

Titles are for losers.

Ahoy. I've just realized that I did not blog the entire month of September. Bleh. Fall bites. Not the season itself, just the whole days getting shorter, going off daylight savings time, etc. Actually, I have a theory that the legislature meets in the winter so that people with SAD aren't able to lobby to stay on DST all the time. We're all too depressed to leave the house. Now, if there was a session in the summer, we'd be all over that. DST would have become CST years ago.

Actually, I really like fall as a season. Cooler weather, humidity is pretty much gone, all that jazz. It's fall that gives us those days that make summer steamy and winter frozen all worth it. It's good that school starts before those, though, otherwise all the tourists who are here for summer would figure it out and move here. And really, who needs that?

In other news, I am, according to the Social Security Administration, disabled. That's right, I'm so screwed I made it through in the first round. Woo-hoo. I guess it's a good thing, because now I'll have some money coming in each month, but at the same time, it's a label that a lot of people hear and assume things. Things which may or may not be true. The things that were true before are still the same; I'm still not particularly motivated, or goal-oriented, but that isn't because I'm disabled. I'm also still smarter than most people and interested in a lot of different things, but are people going to care once they hear the label? Overall it's a good thing, but I'm still struggling with some of it.

I was going to end with something about the upcoming election, but if you can't figure out for yourself that the GOP is running the state and the country into the crapper, I really can't help you. Anyhoo, Gopher hockey tomorrow, AND the Battlestar Galactica premier. What to do, what to do? TTFN!!

2 spewed back:

Anonymous said...

Spiffy! Ahoy, a comment for ye!

Anonymous said...

Here's another comment for ye - This was the first year they had DST in Indiana, the state used to always be on EST which meant part of the year our clocks matched Eastern time and part of the year our clocks mathced Central time. When DST started here everyone freaked out about their kids bedtimes and stuff. Hasn't anyone every lived any where else? We still keep wondering what the big deal is. Good to hear from you again!