1/25/2008

Sweeny Todd for president!!!!!!

Yes, viewers, I finally saw Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I will admit, I went in to this movie fully prepared to love it. It did not disappoint. If anyone asked me, not that they will, if Tim Burton and Johnny Depp should ever make movies with anyone but each other, I would have to say NO! Well, maybe sometimes. But I really think they both do their best work with each other. OK, so they've each made some really good movies on their own, but come on, Edward Scissorhands? Ed Wood? Corpse Bride? All classics.

Not much going on around here. I've been putting in long hours at the shelter while they hire a new director. I think she starts on Feb. 1st, so hopefully things will calm down a little. Other than that, just the same old stuff. Hope you all had a good weekend! TTFN!!

2 spewed back:

Anonymous said...

Ugh Sweeney Todd was horrible... well not totally but that dorky kid who was in love with Joanna made me vomit every chance I saw him. Joanna too was a wreck and I almost cringed when Alan Rickman started singing. Had it's moments and at least an original family holiday film!

spock74 said...

Come on, give them a break. None of those people are what you'd call "singers". I give them credit for going for it regardless of whether or not they should. Besides, THE PIES WERE PEOPLE!!!!