3/23/2008

Vegas post pt. 1 ('cuz I'm lazy)

Well, I made it back alive. That's all you wanted to know, right? TTFN!!!

Hardy har. Incidentally, though, I DID make it back alive. I also made it back a bit heavier in the wallet, having won $600 at a penny machine. That's later in the story, though.

I arrived late on Thursday and then waited around for Ethan & his girlfriend, Becky, to get in from Grand Rapids. The parentals picked us all up and we went to their timeshare at the Flamingo, which is right in the middle of the Strip. Nice place, a little small for all 5 of us, but not bad for a free (for me) room. On Friday we all went to Emeril's seafood restaurant at the MGM Grand. It was OK, but I was expecting to be a lot more impressed. We all went back to the hotel where mom & dad packed their stuff up to move to their second timeshare and E, B & I went down and sat by the pool for a while. Ethan and Becky hung out in the pool for a bit whilst I reclined in the full shade. Becky's a very fair-skinned redhead, so she's careful about the sun, too. Maybe she'll be able to convince Ethan that sunblock is a good thing.

After lounging by the pool, us kids wandered around the strip for the rest of the evening. Mostly we just looked at stuff, as there is an enormous amount of stuff to look at. We went to Cravings, which is the buffet at the Mirage, for supper, which was OK, but not good enough for the price they were charging. Then we went next door to Treasure Island to watch Sirens, which is supposed to be the pirate show. LAME. Last time we were there (when I was 12) it was really cool and they did it once an hour. Now it is basically a peep show with a couple of explosions. I definitely wouldn't bring my kids to it, but there were lots of them there. By the time we got back to the room, Ethan & Becky were done for, but I still wanted to see the fountain show at the Bellagio so I soldiered on. I went and got pastries from a place at the Bellagio (which were obscenely good, btw), watched the fountain show (which was really fun, btw), and bought some band-aids for the blisters I got from wearing brand new shoes (a really BAD idea, btw). We were all in bed before midnight.

I have to go scoop the cat box now, so I'm going to continue this later. Yes, I have a new kitty, I'll write about him later. TTFN!!

0 spewed back: