11/16/2009

100th post!!

And it only took almost four years. No, I am not the best blogger in the world. I can live with that.

So i turn 35 tomorrow and have been having a minor milestone-birthday freakout. Just the usual stuff, but I'm already pretty down in general, so it's been weepy time around here. Oh well, I'll just go back to flirting on line with 25 year-olds. Apparently that makes me a puma. Neat.

In other news, well, I'm not in school right now due to a financial aid snafu, and I'm still not sure I'll be able to go back in the spring. Other than that, I'm really depressed right now and nothing seems to be helping. Light box, new meds, all for naught. But we're working on it, so hopefully it will turn around. I have been making self-destructive lists in my head, though. Pros and cons, mostly. OK, let's be honest, mostly cons. And no, I'm not whining, just having a pity party. There's a big difference. Really.

Wow, this is really negative. I suppose I should be glad to still be alive after 35 years. In caveman times I would've been dead by now, so I guess I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. Enough of this maudlin post. I'll come back another day when I don't feel quite so much like a dinosaur. TTFN!!

1 spewed back:

Shawn said...

Keara, I am sorry to hear that things are not 100% in your life. (or even 70% from the sounds of it).

Here's a list of positive things to think about. Even though we haven't seen each other in a long time, and life has not been exactly nice to you, I can probably bet that:

1) You are still a good person.
2) You still care about others even if you can't always find the time or effort to show it.
3) You are still smarter than me and can still waste me in any trivia game. (Lief Ericson who?)
4) You are still an insightful witty person who is much more interesting than most people I know.

Besides, we are still young, believe it or not. It might not always feel that way, but it's true. I've been going through some tough things this year as well that aren't bloggable at this point. Drop me an email sometime if you want to chat more, maybe you can share some of your wisdom and insight with me.

Take care, hang in there, blog more!

Shawn