5/14/2008

A little less needy...

So, Sarah reminded me about the time I had to have my appendix out. I'm guessing she's not the only one who felt bad about not being with me before the surgery, but the truth is the whole thing went so fast and I was pretty out of it, so I really don't even remember much. So stop feeling bad, people. The thing I DO remember is a ring of people around my bed when I woke up. The nurse told me they'd been there since before they even brought me up from recovery. That was pretty cool. Especially since my parents hadn't arrived yet (that's how fast the whole thing happened). It was pretty awesome to have such groovy friends. I still use the mug that held the plant everybody chipped in on for me. Every time I use it I think about how cool my friends were when I got sick that one time.

Shawn reminded me of the MS walkathon. I'm pretty sure none of us ever actually raised any money. I'm not sure the 15-mile walk was worth it for a t-shirt, and yet we did it more than once. I think Sarah was the smart one who sat out. I think that was the first time I met Shawn. I may or may not have had a bit of a crush on him. As for the summer of '97, I think that's all that needs to be said on that subject.

Keep 'em comimg, people. This is kind of fun! TTFN!!!

3 spewed back:

Shawn said...

Nice with the "may or may not" approach. Did we ever actually tell our circle of friends about that? And the fact that the crush factor "may or may not" have been a mutual thing? Well, I suppose they know now! HA!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Keara! That was really nice to hear from your point of view about when you had your appendix out. I do remember being there and hearing that your parents were on the way. It's so amazing how LONG ago that was... Sigh. Did you know my dad had his appendix out about a week before my graduation in '97 - that brought back a lot of memories from the experience with you too. BTW, I LOVE learning new things about my friends - hmmm, you and Shawn - I can't say I remember having any idea. LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

OK, so you knew I was going to do this. I knew I had to have a memory of you that was far better than you getting your appendix out. It took a while to come up with because we were all so drunk it has been in that fuzzy part of my memory. I remember a highly illegal road trip 6 of us took in a small Dodge Shadow. I think I was sitting across everyone's laps in the back and Kari sang "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" at the top of her lungs in my ear becaus we were that close together (damn that's a long song). We stopped at a scenic overlook off Lake Superior and took shots of tequila - ugh! Mark was so drunk he couldn't decide if he needed to pee or vomit and sat shotgun with the door and his pants open while we were driving. I remember he kept saying, "you're going too fast!" and we were going about 20mph. Ah, good times, good times... And for the record we really did have a designated driver who did not drink.